General information on ski- and ski school operation in the 2020/21 winter season:
- Our ski school will unfortunately remain closed in the 2020/21 winter season!
- The Bergbahnen Oberstdorf-Kleinwalsertal have decided to remain closed in this winter season.
- We are therefore all the more looking forward to the next season with the expected start of the season on December 4th, 2021!
- For the rest of winter we will have a safe ski- and ski school operation
In general, we are not worried to have safe ski and ski school operations in winter 20-21, as we mainly move outdoors in the fresh air, with large distances and so there is little risk of infection while skiing. The ski areas will go into operation in compliance with the prescribed hygiene and behavioral concepts. Most of the measures were already successfully implemented at the mountain railways in the summer. (www.ok-bergbahnen.com/sorgsam-sicher-sanft)
- The hygiene and behavioral concepts
of the ski instructors association are implemented in all points and guarantee a safe ski school operation (www.skischulen.at). All measures and the legal requirements are continuously adapted to the current situation.
- Maintaining the distances and avoiding crowds
For all fields apart from ski lessons, we will avoid get-togethers and large gatherings of people indoors and outdoors in the coming season. Wearing a mask is mandatory where the distances cannot be maintained, inside buildings and in the waiting areas for lifts or cable cars.
Adjustment of courses / ski school operations in the 2020/21 season due to Covid-19:
- All group courses are held continuously (with small breaks) for 3 hrs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. There is no lunch break and no lunchtime supervision for kids and teens.
- No courses and programs in groups for 3 and 4 years old children
That means that there is no 2hrs Burmi Club (3 and 4 years old children) and no beginner courses for 4 years old children. For this age group it is possible to book a private teacher in the afternoon (subject to availability)
- No big final ski-race with a big award ceremony
Small races, competitions and award ceremonies will take place within the groups during the course.
- Group size with a maximum of 9 participants
- Online booking is compulsory: the printed online booking voucher is used as a course card
Online booking for almost all courses is possible from December 1st, 2020 and is compulsory, in order to avoid crowds in the ski school office.
Private courses that cannot be booked directly online are processed by reservation (mail / phone) and payment by bank transfer.
New cancellation conditions:
- Free cancellation up to 14 days before the start of the course
In order to give you as much security as possible when booking, we have changed the cancellation conditions in our terms and conditions: all booked courses can be canceled free of charge up to 14 days before the start of the course, without giving a reason.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of the course with the Corona protection.
In addition, we offer a corona protection for every booking: In this case, free cancellation is possible at any time up to 48 hours before the start of the course.
Exclusion of participants with symptoms of illness / contact tracing:
- We ask you to come to the course only in good health!
It should go without saying that guests with symptoms of illness do not take part in ski courses - this is the only way we can protect each other.
- Participants with COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or sudden loss of smell / taste will be excluded from the course without exception and directly isolated.
- Parents must ensure that they can be reached at all times so that they can pick up their child as quickly as possible in the event of a problem.
- If symptoms occur, please call the health hotline 1450 for information on how to proceed.
- Contact tracing: In order to prevent the virus from spreading as quickly as possible if a Covid-19 case occurs within the ski school, it is essential to collect the correct data from all of our guests. (Name, address, mobile number, accommodation)
Regular training courses and tests for ski instructors an all employees:
- For your safety, all ski instructors and other employees of the ski school are regularly and systematically tested during the season. These tests are required by law and are strictly monitored.
- All external ski instructors must present a negative corona test, which must not be older than two days, before starting work in the ski school.
- Our ski instructors receive regular and extensive training on all topics related to Covid-19.
Other measures and rules of conduct:
- Compulsory wearing of face mask and desinfection
We wear mouth and nose protection at assembly points, in cable cars and ski buses and as soon as the safety distance of 1.5 m cannot be maintained. Mouth and nose protection is also mandatory in all accessible indoor areas of the Ski School Riezlern. Disinfection stations can be found in all areas of the ski school - use is mandatory. Regular hand washing is also mandatory.
We pay attention to a safety distance of at least 1.5m in all areas. If this cannot be complied with, a mask is required!
- Cough and sneeze labels
We cough and sneeze into the crook of our arm or into a handkerchief.
Thanks for your trust!
If we all adhere to the given measures and rules, we will experience great moments in the snow this winter!
Your team of Ski School Riezlern